Job Listings for Hydrologists, Hydrogeologists, & Other
If you are an employer who would like us to post your job
opening, send a brief description, along with pertinent contact
information, to the AHS Director.
Please read this important information:
If you are looking for a job, you might also want to join our
Water Resources Analyst (Planning Analyst II)
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Central Arizona Project (CAP)
CAP is the largest supplier of renewable water in the state of Arizona. This position provides technical planning and project level support for the Water Supply Program of CAP's replenishment authority, the Central Arizona Groundwater Replenishment District ("CAGRD"). The successful candidate for this position will have a Bachelor's degree in the physical sciences, natural resources, economics, planning or a related field and at least five years of experience (or a Master's degree and three years). Learn more about CAP, this exciting opportunity, our excellent benefits, and APPLY online (by 2/3/15) at our website www.cap-az.com/jobs! EOE
Entry Level Environmental Geologist/Hydrogeologist
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Amec Foster Wheeler
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
With pro-forma 2013 annualized scope revenues of £5.5 billion and over 40,000 employees in more than 50 countries, the company operates across the whole of the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.amecfw.com.
We have an opportunity for an Entry Level Environmental Geologist or Hydrogeologist to work on a full time basis on our Phoenix, AZ team. Some overtime hours and occasional weekend and nighttime work may be required depending on the job. Must be highly motivated and a positive team player.
- The position is approximately 90% field work and 10% office work on a variety of projects including industrial, state and federal sites.
- Field activities include logging soil borings, oversight of groundwater monitoring well installations and collecting soil, groundwater, soil vapor, air, surface water and sediment samples as well as documenting field activities.
- Office activities include analysis and interpretation of analytical results and the preparation of summary reports, under the supervision of a Senior or Principal Geologist or Hydrogeologist.
- Will travel to project sites in Arizona and surrounding states. Approximately 25% overnight travel.
- Will be routinely lifting equipment and carrying coolers of laboratory samples. It is anticipated that these materials can weigh up to 40 pounds.
- BS or MS in Geology or related technical field.
- 1 to 3 years + environmental experience.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills for database work and proficiency in MS Office.
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours as required. May include weekend and nighttime work.
- Willingness to travel to project sites Arizona and surrounding states. Approximately 25% overnight travel.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- OSHA 40 hour certification.
- First Aid & CPR certifications.
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions.
- Will lift equipment and carry laboratory samples which requires the ability to lift 40 pounds.
How to Apply: Click here to apply online or email resume to email@example.com
Location: Chandler, AZ
City of Chandler
The City of Chandler has an exceptional opportunity for a professional Engineer to work in a well established and well-managed municipality within the Municipal Utilities Department. The Municipal Utilities Department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of City's water, wastewater and reclaimed water infrastructure. The City of Chandler is one of Arizona's first master-planned cities; it is located in the southwest part of the Phoenix metro area and has a current population of approximately 246,000, its population is estimated to be 285,000 at its planned build-out. This position is full-time position working Monday through Friday.
The primary function of an employee in this class is to perform professional engineering work applying both engineering principles and practices in areas such as civil, structural, water resources, water and wastewater treatment, modeling and optimization; planning, developing, programming, design, and implementing projects. Work involves the use of a full range of engineering principles and practices.
click here for full details
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field or related field; and
- Four (4) years' progressively responsible experience in civil engineering; and
- Registered Professional Engineer in Arizona; and
- Valid Arizona Driver's License with acceptable driving record; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work and which meets licensing requirements.
- Three (3) years' experience in water, wastewater, and reclaimed water including familiarity with modeling of water distribution systems, sewer flow, and groundwater;
- Arizona Department Environmental Quality Water and/or Wastewater Certification(s).
These positions are regular full-time and are subject to a six (6) month probation period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
Please apply online at www.chandleraz.gov/jobs by Sunday, January 18, 2015 midnight.
ASSISTANT COOPERATIVE EXTENSION SPECIALISTS
Date posted: 12/1/14
Location: Berkeley, CA
University of California, Berkeley
The Department of Environmental Science, Policy, and Management at the University of California, Berkeley seeks academics to apply as an Assistant Cooperative Extension Specialist (Fiscal Year) to conduct applied research and outreach in each of the following areas: Forest Health; Rangeland Planning & Policy; and Water Resources & Climate Change Adaptation. The expected start date is July 1, 2015. For more information about the positions, including required qualifications and application materials, go to:
http://apptrkr.com/542058 for Forest Health
http://apptrkr.com/546332 for Rangeland Planning & Policy
http://apptrkr.com/546333 for Water Resources & Climate Change Adaptation
The initial review date is December 1, 2014 for the Forest Health and Rangeland Planning & Policy positions. The initial review date for the Water Resources & Climate Change Adaptation position is December 12, 2014. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials prior to the initial review dates; these positions will remain open until filled. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. UC Berkeley is an AA/EEO employer.